[seam-dev] seam-booking from CR3 preliminary testing results on WebSphere v8 beta

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 00:45:41 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 21:28, Denis Forveille <denis.forveille at gmail.com>wrote:

> Two other missing jars in CR3
> - commons-beanutils.jar
> - commons-digester

These are needed for PrettyFaces (which is used by the booking example).

> Also there is a problem with the slf4j jar files:
> - slf4j-api.jar is at version 1.6.1
> - slf4j-log4j12.jar is at version 1.5.10
> It was OK in CR2 (Both were at version 1.5.10)

QA is very likely going to be checking library versions, so they should pick
up on this as we stage final.

>  It seems also that I have problem with OpenJPA included in WAS v8.
> Is Seam 3 compatible with OpenJPA? (Seam 2 was not) or do I have to use
> Hibernate?
> If Seam 3 is "OpenJPA friendly", do I still have to include
> seam-transaction in my WAR?

Seam 3 is most certainly OpenJPA friendly. New age, new perspective. It's
about being portable first, then extending second (not the other way
around). Here's proof:

https://github.com/seam/persistence/tree/master/tests/jetty-openjpa

As we continue to work on Seam 3, Arquillian tests will play a vital role in
ensuring portability.

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about