[seam-dev] org.jboss.seam.faces 3.0.0.Final problems

Brian Leathem bleathem at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 12:04:50 EDT 2011

On 03/31/2011 08:40 AM, Sebastian E. Ovide wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just updated my pom replacing 3.0.0.Alpha3 with 3.0.0.Final and
> I've got a couple of errors.
>
> I've fixed the first error just adding
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>joda-time</groupId>
> <artifactId>joda-time</artifactId>
> <version>1.6.2</version>
> </dependency>
>

> is is ok to define seam dependencies manually ? should not that
> dependency been part of seam ?

Seam Faces pulls in the joda time dependency from Seam International.
See SEAMINTL-27 [1]  and the Seam Compatibility page [2] for details on
why this dependency is necessary to define when using Glassfish.

And as Dan mentioned, use Glassfish 3.1 over Glassfish 3.0

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SEAMINTL-27
[2]
http://seamframework.org/Seam3/CompatibilityHome#H-OverzealousClassScanner