[seam-dev] WELD-862 and Seam Cron

Peter Royle howardmoon at screamingcoder.com
Fri May 13 08:22:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm aiming to make a release of Seam Cron available within the next two weeks. Currently there is an outstanding issue (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WELD-862) which prevents Cron from running properly with Weld. I have been able to carry on developing Cron by testing it against OpenWebBeans, but obviously if we are to release a Seam module it should work against Weld.

It would be nice if WELD-862 could be fixed as soon a possible so that all future versions will work well with Cron.

But more importantly I also probably need to do something special in Cron so that it will work with the version of Weld already deployed in JBoss AS and Glassfish, which will contain the bug. The workaround mentioned in the bug report is to deep copy the InvocationContext. I attempted to do this by serialising and unserialising the InvocationContext but couldn't due to UnserializableExceptions. Does anyone have any advice for me about how I might be able to work around this bug to support existing versions of Weld?

Cheers,

Pete R