[seam-dev] what about a seam2 - CDI Bridge ?

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Fri Nov 25 08:26:55 EST 2011

Reading the SeamNext thread and all these remarks about Seam 2 to Seam 3 migration I was wondering how difficult would it be to create a Seam 2 CDI extension to provide the same kind of bridge we have with Spring ?

This bridge would be one way : using Seam 2 bean in CDI (the other way is not relevant). It would help people to go thru the migration process don't you think ?

The biggest difficulty would probably be the Seam 2 navigation and providing some kind of extension to merge JSF2 and Seam 2 navigation seems a bit tricky.

Antoine SABOT-DURAND