[seam-dev] JBoss 7.0.2 / Eclipse WTP / m2e

Adrian Gonzalez adr_gonzalez at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 27 07:36:10 EDT 2011

Hello,

Sorry to spam, just to record some issues I have running viewconfig webapp from faces module in JBoss 7.0.2.
Issues are due to WTP or m2e I think.

1. webapp doesn't work unless 'Deploy projects as compressed archive' is checked.

When it's not checked, seam-faces-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (and its contents) is deployed under WEB-INF/lib as a directory.
Note that I have seam-faces opened as en eclipse project.
2. didn't found an option a la Tomcat WTP : 'Serve modules without publishing'.
Used to speed webapp startups with Tomcat.
3. error when deploying viewconfig webapp with 'Deploy projects as compressed archive' Checked
I didn't have this error initially, it happened after importing seam parent project into Eclipse).
Error occurs when adding (right click Add and Remove...) the webapp into JBoss 7.
Popup in Eclipse :
An internal error occurred during: "Publishing to JBoss 7.0 Runtime Server...".
Could not initialize class de.schlichtherle.io.ArchiveControllers
Nohing in server.log