[seam-dev] Enabling extensions

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 10:51:14 EDT 2011

Seam team, and others on the CDI EG,

Looking for feedback on an issue Marius and I discussed in CDI 1.0. This is potentially an issue - we weren't sure if people had seen it in the real world, hopefully you may have seen feedback in the forums or at conferences.

This relates closely to the interceptor/decorator/alternative enabling discussion.

Typically an extension class is packaged in a jar, along with a META-INF/services/javax.enterprise.inject.spi.Extension file which enables it. However, this means that an application, or another extension, has no way of disabling extensions.

Is this a problem, really? Or just theoretically.