[seam-dev] SAF (aka Entity Framework) idea in Seam 3

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 00:30:24 EDT 2011

I like what I've heard thus far, but do have a question about the multiple scoped EM idea. If you were going to do something like that (session and/or application scoped), wouldn't it make more sense for us to use a more proper architecture and help people understand how to use a cache like Infinispan or ehcache? Infinispan may be a better idea as it already has CDI integration and it'll scale with their application or cluster / cloud.

I guess what I'm saying is if we're going to be showing off how to use something in an example or have Forge create it, we need to be doing it right from the first step. It'll save everyone time in the long run and will help educate the mass of less experienced developers that will undoubtably use our software.

Sent from my iPhone