[seam-dev] Java EE6 BOM for seam 2.3

Marek Novotny mnovotny at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 04:09:45 EDT 2012

Daniel,

 it should work, even I am in the middle of re-factoring of seam parent.
Current Seam parent is here
https://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/branches/community/Seam_2_3/pom.xml
and it imports org.jboss.bom:jboss-javaee-6.0-with-hibernate:1.0.0.M6.
Final solution will be like all dependencies, which are used in any
Seam2 Applications (e.g. our examples), will be moved to
https://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/branches/community/Seam_2_3/bom/pom.xml
and this Seam2 BOM will be imported in Seam parent.

So users can import Seam 2 BOM file with dependency management and use
them in their applications without checking/updating all seam module
versions.

This is simple standard how to say Maven user what dependencies are
verified and used in Seam2 build.

As an example of usage is the following snippet from any Seam 2
application:

<dependencyManagement>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>