[seam-dev] Please review

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 03:49:01 EST 2012

Hi Jason,
I checked "Migrate to CDI" section briefly and have some notes...

Producing resources
- Factories are NOT called each time a resource is requested and may also be scoped via @Factory(scope=ScopeType.APPLICATION). See [1].

Scopes
- there is no page scope either
- dependent pseudo-scope has @Dependent annotation, not @DependentScoped

And you should definitely mention the difference between Seam bijection and CDI injection. See [2].

Right now I'm working on a Seam 2 -> CDI presentation. As soon as I have it ready I'll post a link.

Martin

[1]  http://docs.jboss.org/seam/latest/reference/en-US/html/concepts.html#d0e4355
[2] https://community.jboss.org/blogs/stuartdouglas/2010/10/12/weld-cdi-and-proxies