[seam-dev] [jbosstools-dev] What is expected of JBoss Seam 2.3 for JBoss Tools

Marek Novotny mnovotny at redhat.com
Wed May 2 15:15:41 EDT 2012

Dan,

  Alexey commented your points/questions fairly well, so I hope you have
clear understanding now ;-)

Just short summary:
1. Distribution assembly is Seam 2 support for ant users and seam-gen.
(Maven users don't care much about distribution files)

2. Seam-gen is command line tool and JBoss Tools wizards mimic only
invocations of these seam-gen command and collects inputs from user to
create Seam projects/components/actions/forms etc.

3. JBoss Tools relies on seam-gen file templates, therefore what we will
update and works in pure seam-gen, it should be used in JBoss Tools
without issues and just works.

Marek Novotny
--
JBoss Seam and WFK Productization Lead

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
Purkynova 99
612 45 Brno

Email: mnovotny at redhat.com
Office phone: +420 532 294 287, ext. 82-62 087
mobile: +420 608 509 230