[seam-dev] Git Migration of Seam2

Marek Novotny mnovotny at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 16:28:31 EST 2012

Denis,

 SVN repo stays as it is now, it won't be deleted! Right now all contributors to Seam 2.3 prefer GIT over SVN.

GIT has many advantages, it was written many articles/blogs about it, so I won't be repeating them.

I have already used git-svn daily for local mirroring of SVN into my GIT repository from early days of creating Seam 2.3 branch. And believe me thanks to non standard SVN branch layout, but not only for that, I have regularly hard times when release comes (creating a tag and checking out is long time task). I won't write about easy branching and other sweet features of GIT. What is more important I think that taking down the SVN barrier will bring new contributors to Seam2. But if not, it will definitely make easier life current committers.