[seam-dev] Seam 2.x dependency on Javassist and how to check for regressions when using a newer Javassist version...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 10:43:32 EDT 2013

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JASSIST-206 is about a Javassist 3.18.0
signature change that broke Seam 2.x applications.

Could someone let me know if the Seam 2.x testsuite also hits the same
regression when using Javassist 3.18.0?

I'm trying to answer a related question about how we can tell if a
patched Javassist 3.15.x still works with Seam 2.x applications.  If
running the Seam 2.x testsuite hits the JASSIST-206, it might be good
for us to run the Seam 2.x testsuite after patching/upgrading Javassist.

Thanks for your advise.

Scott