[seam-dev] weld 2.0 / soldr 3.x not compatible

Korbinian Bachl korbinian.bachl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 18:16:58 EDT 2013

One needs to remember that many projects out there did use Seam Solder/
Solder and need a kind of drop in replacement, else they are all stuck with
CDI 1.0 for long time and JEE7 adoption or deployment on JEE7 Servers will
not happen to them anytime soon (reminds me of bad times when many software
needing quite old JRE's to be run on some years ago...).

Current problem I see is the
org.jboss.weld.exceptions.IllegalStateException during startup - John Ament
wrote sth about turning off exception handling, but I dont know how I can
do that in Weld 2.0 (or did I misunderstand this line?)

DeltaSpike itself looks promising but far away from good for production
IMHO and seems much work to be ported from soldr to it;