[jbossseam-issues] [JBoss JIRA] Created: (JBSEAM-2452) Event logging and notification system
Christian Bauer (JIRA)
jira-events at lists.jboss.org
Sun Jan 6 07:43:43 EST 2008
Event logging and notification system
Project: JBoss Seam
Issue Type: Feature Request
Reporter: Christian Bauer
Assigned To: Christian Bauer
Notification system that supports user personalization:
- All actions should throw events with a payload (otherwise context lookup in the generic event listener gets complicated)
- A generic event listener is the router for these events, pushes events to more specialized registered listeners (how do we observe all wiki.* events?)
- There has to be some asynchronous processing at that point, the generic event listener should not block
- Specialized listeners can register on the generic listener based on groups of events, e.g. "Document actions" or "User actions"
- The API for the specialized listeners (and how they are registered) has to be usable for the core and plugins
In a second step, implement the following core specialized listeners:
- access logging (document reads, etc.)
- channels bound to user, e.g. a user can build his own channel(s) by picking event groups he is interested in
Not sure at this point how notification looks like, that is, how listeners can push notifications (or whole channels?) to some endpoint (e-mail).
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
More information about the seam-issues