[security-dev] PicketLink 3 IDM - Avoiding Knowledge of the IdentityStore

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Sat Dec 1 07:51:02 EST 2012

Working further with the API one thing that I notice is that is that
although basic access to load IdentityTypes can be performed using the
generic interfaces adding new identities seems to require a knowledge of
the store to select the correct type.

As an example from what I can see to add a user to the
FileBasedIdentityStore I need to add a FileUser - is this correct or am
I missing something?

What I would hope to see is that a client of the API can be written to
be completely independent of the IdentityStore so should the
IdentityStore be switched the client would remain mostly unchanged.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.