[security-dev] IDM: LDAP Custom Attributes

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 10:27:21 EST 2012

On 12/6/2012 10:11 AM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> On 12/06/2012 07:15 AM, Pedro Igor Silva wrote:

IMO, the classloader environment will need to be configurable
irregardless of whether serialization is used/supported or not.  I've
already run into this problem when writing a custom LoginModule.

> I strongly urge you to stick with simple data types for custom
> attributes: Strings, primitives, that sort of thing.  Data types that
> you *know* can be supported by any backend store.

This is what Base64 encodings are for.  We use base64 to transmit/store
keys/certs, why not Java objects?  I'll bet $5 that you'll have the need
for serialization in some form, whether its Java serialization or
Java-to-JSON or whatever.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat