[security-dev] PicketLink workspace proposal

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 11:24:09 EDT 2012

Hi all,
    here is what Shane and I have been discussing in the last 10 days
that we can come to an agreement in this thread. Please provide your
feedback and insights as we move forward with the PicketLink main workspace.

Proposal:
PicketLink main workspace will have the following modules:
a) core :  will contain the CDI based security code that Shane has been
driving.
b) idm:  will contain the idm api and impl submodules.  This is low
dependency JavaSE library for Identity Management functionality (CRUD of
users/roles/groups). This module is ultra critical to all projects.
c) federation: will contain the core SAML (and maybe WS-Trust) code
without any EE container dependencies. Mainly parsing, writing and model
code.
d) social: will contain social login code that allows signin using
facebook, google/openid, twitter.

Versioning:
Last major release of PL has been with 2.1.5
(https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/PLINK/v2.1.5.Final)
So definitely we can release above with 3.x

Since we may need some container binding code with AS, Tomcat etc, we
have two possibilities:
a) Create another workspace in PicketLink github organization for the
container binding. (My preference)
b) Create a separate github organization that will host all the
container bindings, integration testing workspaces etc. We can call it
picketlinkbindings.

Regards,
Anil