[security-dev] Merged in Social code into PL workspace

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 22:16:35 EDT 2012

On 10/24/2012 08:08 PM, Shane Bryzak wrote:
> On 10/25/2012 03:52 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>> Shane,
>>      recently I merged in the social login code under "social".  This is
>> plain vanilla code for login using facebook and google. I need to move
>> some code for twitter login.
> Does this include the commit history?  After the debacle with the IDM
> merge, Pete gave me some advice on how to merge code from another
> repository while retaining the history.
If you can create a cheatsheet for the merging process, it would help
out others.
I followed what I put in at the end of:
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/PicketLink21xReleaseProcedure/

The only burning issue with the IDM merge was the code was deleted
before we could check everything is ok. :)

>> Next we are going to move the federation code under "federation". This
>> will provide the SAML object model/parsing/writing.
> No problem, although it might take some time until we can look at
> integrating this with the authentication API in PicketLink core.  I
> think the next step after finishing the IDM implementation should
> probably be to get the social module integrated, although that's just my
> opinion based on what I think most developers would more likely use.
>
>> Since I have OAuth2 implementation, I am wondering whether I should just
>> merge into social or keep a separate module called "oauth". I am leaning
>> toward the latter.
> I'm ok with either option really.  The term "social" is becoming a
> little overloaded I think, so I have no problem putting OAuth into its
> own module.
>
> Unfortunately I couldn't make it to last week's RWP hangout so I missed
> Antoine's presentation on Agorava.  Are we planning on any joint effort
> and/or integration with Agorava code?
Agorova is a full fledged social app. What we need in PL is
authentication with social networks. We brainstormed the probability of
Agorova providing a thin library of JSON calls that we can use to
authenticate with social networks. Then both agorova and PL can use this
thin library.