[security-dev] Compilation issues on PicketLink repository

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 10:54:05 EDT 2012

On 30 Oct 2012, at 14:37, Anil Saldhana wrote:

> Shane/Pedro,
>    I think we have to figure out a way by which we do not affect
> projects such as Aerogear with our compilation issues.
>
> I think we should just cut checkpoints frequently. The projects using PL
> need to be on checkpoints.

Yes, this is definitely the right approach. There will be issues with trunk, it always happens whatever anyone aims for (somebody forgets to run the testsuite or something).

We should instead encourage downstream projects to not use PL snapshots, but use the frequent builds that we promote (e.g. milestones, checkpoints, promoted builds, whatever). This has the added benefit that Maven builds aren't chasing a moving target which is very dangerous.