[security-dev] Checkpointed/Snapshot/Timed Releases on Sept 14

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 06:17:05 EDT 2012

I've done the releases for both PicketLink IDM and PicketLink CDI [1].
Maven artifacts are as follows:

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.jboss.picketlink</groupId>
   <artifactId>picketlink-idm-api</artifactId>
   <version>2.0-20120910</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.jboss.picketlink</groupId>
   <artifactId>picketlink-idm-impl</artifactId>
   <version>2.0-20120910</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.jboss.picketlink</groupId>
   <artifactId>picketlink-cdi-api</artifactId>
   <version>1.0-20120910</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.jboss.picketlink</groupId>
   <artifactId>picketlink-cdi-impl</artifactId>
   <version>1.0-20120910</version>
</dependency>

To explain the differences between the two; PicketLink IDM provides
identity management related features allowing the management of users,
roles and groups and also defines the base interfaces for the identity
model.  PicketLink CDI enables the IDM module for EE6 applications, and
builds upon the identity model defined by the IDM module to provide
additional features such as an authentication API, session-scoped
Identity tracking and ACL based permissions and permission management.

The IDM module is still under heavy construction however we should have
a beta ready by the end of September.  The CDI module is mostly
complete, and just requires a little more work in the area of
permissions before we release it as a beta.

Shane

[1]
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;quick~org.jboss.picketlink
<https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;quick%7Eorg.jboss.picketlink>