[security-dev] Some thoughts on PL Subsystem

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 09:35:39 EDT 2013

For custom entity classes I have two use cases in mind that we need should test/support:

* Layered product that needs to use custom entity classes for sub-systems - in this case there's no JavaEE deployments and the entity classes needs to be within a module. It's also fairly cumbersome to create an EntityManagerFactory from a subsystem so I don't think that should be required

* Two applications sharing the same custom entity classes - for example there's a main web app that contains the custom entity classes and the persistence.xml, then there's a utility war that contains one single @Startup @Singleton that is used to create some initial users - the utility war would load a lot quicker than the main web app, so the EMF may not be registered in JNDI in time