[security-dev] Undertow IDM

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 17:14:53 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

Sorry, I was talking about the PL IDM Credential API, not Undertow. Just wondering if we could provide within PL IDM a built-in way to reset password and lock accounts.

> > Regarding DIGEST authentication and the getPassword method, if using PL IDM
> > this method is not necessary because we always store the HA1 value
> > (MD5(username:realm:password)). So you only need to pass the provided
> > password that it will be checked internally.
>
> In that case you only need to implement the getHash() method, and just
> leave getPassword() returning null.
>
> In general one of the main aims of the Undertow IDM API is to be a
> wrapper that allows us to use the PL IDM without a direct dependency on
> PL, while also allowing us to integrate with what we currently have in
> the Wildly upstream. If there are potential changes that will make it
> easier to integrate with PL then I am happy to discuss them.

I agree with you that is a better design to not depend on PL directly, but define a lightweight interface in Undertow with what you require, under a identity management perspective. In think there is no need for changes given that getPassword is optional according with the javadocs.