[security-dev] Propose to change package org.picketlink.idm.model.sample to org.picketlink.idm.model.basic

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Mon Aug 19 14:19:11 EDT 2013

As requested:

    https://issues.jboss.org/browse/PLINK-242

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anil Saldhana" <Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com>
To: security-dev at lists.jboss.org
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 1:35:58 PM
Subject: [security-dev] Propose to change package	org.picketlink.idm.model.sample to org.picketlink.idm.model.basic

Hi All,
   my proposal is to change org.picketlink.idm.model.sample package to
org.picketlink.idm.model.basic. This package hosts classes that act as
the basic model that 90%+ apps will use.
This will mean changes to some of class names such as SampleModel to
BasicModel
https://github.com/picketlink/picketlink/tree/master/modules/idm/api/src/main/java/org/picketlink/idm/model/sample

Quickstarts and documentation will need to be updated.

The word "sample" is going to create confusion among users.

Had IRC chat with Pedro and Bruno on this issue. They think it is
suitable to do it.

I know this is a post CR1 change. Hence it is best to get your opinion
on this proposal.

Regards,
Anil