[security-dev] PicketLink AS Subsystem

Bolesław Dawidowicz bdawidow at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 06:13:46 EST 2013

Hi

We are doing some prototyping with PicketBox and PicketLink 3. As part
of this it makes sense for use to put it in separate subystem in AS7.

There is existing PicketLink 2.x one here:

https://github.com/picketlink/as-subsystem

 From what I learned from Anil while it is on the roadmap PicketLink 3.x
subsystem won't happens soon. I would like to discus requirements for it
as we may be able to contribute something - at least some initial work.

I would also like to discuss how independent PicketLink service should
be exposed and consumed in applications. Most natural way would be to
provide both CDI integration and REST interface. Any thoughts on that?

As part of our prototyping we would like to avoid investing time into
something that would duplicate existing functionality or go against
already agreed design.

Bolek