[security-dev] AS8 Security Design Discussions

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 11:43:27 EST 2013

Hi All,
   the AS community work has moved on to AS8 which will primarily target
Java EE7.  This also means that we can actually take a look at changing
the Security subsystem in the AS and incorporate changes that will help
usability and deprecate functionality that are seldom used/low priority.

Stefan, Darran and I have been discussing a few approaches in the last
few weeks.  Some of the major changes that may affect the design is the
deprecation of JAAS as primary authentication approach and bring in more
of PicketLink IDM to the forefront.

We can use this mailing list for discussions on AS8 security or we can
use the AS7 dev list or do it in the forums.

Regards,
Anil