[security-dev] SHA salted passwords

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 09:18:48 EST 2013

Having a PlainTextPassword and EncodedPassword separation at the class
level is good.  It clearly tells the user/developer what type of
password is being stored. But if he chooses PTP, should we do the
default salting/hashing in the background? The EncodedPassword can allow
configuration of salting/hashing mechanisms.

We should not at any cost save plain text passwords in the tables.

Wdyt?