[security-dev] Keycloak datamodel

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Wed Jul 31 19:55:21 EDT 2013

Some questions:

----- Original Message -----

You need to know the owner of a specific partition. Why you need a relationship for that ? Can't you just use the partition's ad-hoc attributes to store such information ?

As you requested, we're now supporting ad-hoc attributes for partitions. So you can just set the userId as an attribute.

> SSO Realms:
> * A bunch of attributes for the Realm like private/public key stored in
> an Agent
> * Users
> * Roles
> * User/RoleMapping
> * Custom RequiredCredentialRelationship.  Defines the credential types
> required by the realm.

Maybe we can also use ad-hoc attributes here. Where a specific partition attribute can have a value with all required credentials. A SecurityPolicy class can fit here, where you can define all policies for a given partition.

> * Custom ScopeRelationship.  Scope is the same as role mapping, but this
> defines an OAuth grant thing.  It is the roles a user is allowed to
> request permissions for.  It is an Attribute of an Agent and a Role.

> * Custom ResourceRelationship.  A resource is an application that is
> managed by the realm.  This has Attribute Agent pointing to the Agent of
> the realm, various attributes of the resource, and also a String value
> pointing to the Tier.  I couldn't figure out how to have a hard
> relationship to a Tier

Applications can now be mapped as IdentityTypes. It seems that you're creating a relationship to tell that an user is authorized to a specific resource/application. Where this relationship needs some specific information about this relation.

You can write your ResourceRelationship as a simple relationship with a reference for the User and the Application types (both subtypes of IdentityType).

> Resource (maps to Tier)
> * Roles
> * User/RoleMapping
> * ScopeRelationship

You're not more tied to the Realm/Tier concept. You can now specify which types are supported by your own custom partition.