[security-dev] Entitlements Concept

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 08:50:59 EST 2014

>From a server perspective, you can perform additional checks in order to make sure the client is able to perform a specific operation or retrieve data.

>From a mobile perspective, I think depends how the mobile app is storing sensitive data by using secure/encrypted storage. I think Aerogear is addressing this ...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Skopek" <pskopek at redhat.com>
To: "Anil Saldhana" <Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com>, security-dev at lists.jboss.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:04:07 AM
Subject: Re: [security-dev] Entitlements Concept

Am I right assuming that mobile application will pick one entitlement from collection of entitlements in hand and use it in request
getting a resource/data from service provider?
In case mobile app already has the data and using entitlements locally, what prevent anybody of modifying the mobile app and render
whatever he wants from the local data?
Or I am wrong and mobile app will download entitlements and then based on them will ask for data which are covered by entitlements
in hand.

Peter