[teiid-announce] Teiid 6.0.0 Release

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 16:09:50 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Today, March 24th, we are pleased to announce the initial community release of Teiid, version 6.0.0.  This represents the first of several stepping stones toward the next major release of the JBoss Enterprise Data Services Platform.

Check it out at: http://www.teiid.org

6.0.0 was focused on providing our embedded JDBC runtime.  Our next release will provide a more complete community version including server deployment, our management console, and additional web based access mechanisms.

Significant changes in Teiid from the MetaMatrix 5.5 codebase are:
 * Separation of the Designer (http://jboss.org/teiiddesigner) and Repository (evolving independently as http://www.jboss.org/dna) projects.
 * Inclusion of Netty 3 for server NIO.
 * Inclusion of JBoss Cache
 * Numerous ease of use enhancements to our Connector API and JDBC Connector.
 * Hundreds of minor enhancements, defect fixes, and code cleanups.

Many thanks are owed to the jboss.org team for working with us on developing a great looking community site.

The Teiid Project Leads,
Steve Hawkins and Ramesh Reddy