[teiid-designer-dev] Re: [teiid-dev] 6.1 Release

John Verhaeg jverhaeg at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 11:30:37 EDT 2009

What I'm really trying to address with the release version issue is
the official direction that RedHat/JBoss have stated they want to go.
No matter what we call it, be it an "update release" or "patch", the
direction is to not offer either of these in the project side of the
world.  If something is broken in one release, the earliest time to
see its fix will be the next minor release.  I believe the rationale
for this is partly to further the idea that if you really need patch-
level support, buy the product.