[teiid-designer-dev] Roadmap update

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Thu Sep 16 17:17:39 EDT 2010

Hello all,

As we are nearing the end of 7.1.1, it's a good time to make sure we are on the same page with upcoming releases.

7.1.1 - Should be "CR" within a week or two.  Only critical fixes and doc changes after that.

7.2 Will fork from 7.1.1 after it is in CR status.  Since so much good work has been done in 7.1.1, it seems attractive to keep 7.2 on a relatively short time box, rather than the December time currently in JIRA.  We would shoot for ~10/19 release (9 weeks from 7.1), which leaves only a short window for additional enhancements past the 7.1.1 work.

7.3 Would then be added as a new bucket and contain most of the work currently targeted at 7.2.  Ideally 7.3 could be released before the holidays, but who knows what kind of availability everyone will have.

8.0 Remains further out, but the primary drivers should be AS 6.0 support, re-adding embedded mode, ensuring ease of use of all features independently of Designer (UDFs, views/procedures, etc.)

Any thoughts?

Steve