[teiid-designer-dev] Teiid Release Updates

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 10:31:30 EST 2012

Hello all,

Based upon the latest feedback on Teiid and Teiid Designer release work we have decided to promote Teiid 7.6.1 to be Teiid 7.7.  Since 8.0 is already on trunk, a new 7.7.x branch will be created off of 7.6.x latest and the poms will be updated to 7.7.  The target release date for 7.7 will be approximately one month from now.  Since there has been virtually no feature work on the existing branch we are set to release a beta this week.  A 7.7 release enables us to get a large number of fixes into the community and have a corresponding release for Teiid Designer 7.7.

Work on Teiid 8.0 is also progressing nicely.  Ramesh completed the doc migration to Confluence - https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/TEIID/Home.  Anyone interested in making doc changes can be setup for write access and added as a watcher of the space.  We should also be able to put out another pre-release this week, more than likely Alpha2.  It is clear though that tooling will lag the initial 8.0 release.  There will not be a Teiid Designer 8.0 until later and it is expected to correspond with Teiid 8.1.  We are also unlikely to have much in the way of admin console functionality, but that is actively being investigated.

The Teiid Team