[teiid-dev] Location for metamatrix-cdk.jar

Sanjay Chaudhuri email2sanjayc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 13:32:43 EST 2009

Thanks .. this works; no more compilation issues !!! I am all done; will
check in the projects this week after I full review of my codes again.
Primarily there is 1 plugin *org.teiid.cdk.core* responsible for all the
management. I have created 2 wrapper plugins to show support of multiple
versions of cdk distributions. Here versions used are 6.1.0 and 6.2.0, and
are named as: *org.teiid.cdk.connector.v610* and *
org.teiid.cdk.connector.v620*. These plugins does not contain any code
except hosts the cdk-dist as-is and publishes themselves using extension
point. This is an example of the extension used that goes with any of the
cdk-dist wrapper plugins:
*<extension point="org.teiid.cdk.core.connector">
  <cdk
    id="CDK_6.1.0"
    ver="6.1.0"
    description="Teiid - CDK [6.1.0]"
    sdk-dir="teiid-6.1.0-cdk-dist">
    <classpath-jars>
       <jar dir="/">
          <jar-file name="teiid-connector-api-6.1.0.jar"/>
          <jar-file name="teiid-connector-sdk-6.2.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar"/>
       </jar>
       <jar dir="lib">
          <jar-file name="teiid-connector-sdk-6.1.0.jar"/>
          <jar-file name="teiid-engine-6.1.0.jar"/>
          <jar-file name="teiid-common-core-6.1.0.jar"/>
       </jar>
    </classpath-jars>
  </cdk>
</extension>
*
All the plugins are self contained and the core plugin has no dependencies
on any cdk/teiid jars now. The code generations and classpath integrations
are all automated in the environment.

Thanks

Sanjay