[teiid-dev] Admin API Methods

Van Halbert vhalbert at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 18:31:38 EST 2009

Using Ramesh's list of which methods to keep/throw away for the 6.3
release, I only found 1 change that I thought was needed.  That was
the "getTransactions" was in the throw away list.   This is because,
if the "terminateTransaction" method is to remain, doesn't it need a
corresponding method to return the transactions in order to know/find
which transaction to terminate?

Other than that, nothing else.

Also, I started commenting on why the throwaway list of methods will
be gone to help explain/insight to the changes that are occurring.

//*******************
// methods to keep
//******************

configuration:

addVDB
changeVDBStatus
deleteVDB
exportVDB
getVDBs  (from a vdb, the models can be obtained, and from a model,
the connector(s) can be found)
assignBindingToModel
importDataRoles
exportDataRoles
addUDF
deleteUDF

monitoring:
getQueueWorkerPools
getCaches
getSessions
getRequests (also enable monitor long running queries)
getSourceRequests
getTransactions

clearCache
terminateSession
cancelRequest
cancelSourceRequest
terminateTransaction

Others:

authenticateUser

//*****************
// Can these me removed?
//*********************
getRolesForGroup
getGroupsForUser
getGroups
assignRoleToGroup
removeRoleFromGroup
getDomainNames
getGroupsForDomain

//*******************
// Can be removed
//*********************

1.   the connector type information will be defined in the ra.xml for
its respective connector rar file.

addConnectorType
deleteConnectorType
exportConnectorType
getConnectorTypes
getConnectorTypePropertyDefinitions
addConnectorArchive
exportConnectorArchive

2.   JCA connectors will now be managed by the app server

setConnectorBindingProperty
addConnectorBinding
addConnectorBinding
deleteConnectorBinding
exportConnectorBinding
getConnectorBindings
getConnectorBindingsInVDB
startConnectorBinding
stopConnectorBinding
getConnectionPoolStats

3.  Extension modules will now be deployed as part of the connector
rar file.

addExtensionModule
deleteExtensionModule
exportExtensionModule
getExtensionModules
extensionModuleModified

4.   There is no longer be a configuration file, as in the past.
exportConfiguration

5.  Process management is no longer part of Teiid

setProcessProperty
getProcesses

6.  Start / Stop /Restart of Teiid engine is managed by the app
servers' management of JCA

shutdown
restart

7.   Change in logging infrastrucure