[teiid-dev] Admin API Methods

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 13:54:20 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 10:50 -0600, Van Halbert wrote:
> regarding:
>
> >> startConnectorBinding
> >> stopConnectorBinding
>
> Are the operations expected to stop/start both the Connector JCA and
> the Datasource JCA?     I would suggest we only do the Connector
> JCA,
> because stop/start the Datasource would be stepping over into
> boundaries of the app server management.   Also,  and because the
> datasource connections are now being used by all parties in the
> appserver, I think the appropriate place to trigger the stop/start
> of
> a Datasource connection is using the appserver administration for
> the
> datasources, not thru Teiid admin.

Yes, you are correct. Note that data source are currently only used by
the Relational sources. Other sources only consist of just
jca-connector.

For datasource support, I was also thinking, what if we provide few
methods like

addDataSource(name, properties)
deleteDataSource(name)
startDatasource(name);
stopDataSource(name);

That will complete the full functionality as before.

Ramesh..