[teiid-dev] Teiid Eclipse Plugin

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 15:39:25 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 14:20 -0500, Sanjay Chaudhuri wrote:
> I was rather thinking it to be CDK plugin based injection; rather than
> specifying a separate directory separately because any CDK version
> potentially will have an updated version of the jars. The adavantage
> is, when a particular CDK plugin is registered (which would also mean
> different versions of CDK can be tested out-of-box), it will
> automatically come with the jars as part of injection; so the users
> does not need to take care about the right version everytime. Similar
> usecases can be seen in GWT and JUnit plugins.

You beat me to it. By injection you mean dependency. The two approaches
are similar in concept but different.  Sumanth equating a "dir" location
to "plugin". I would say "plug-in" may be be wise decision out of two
based on eclipse architecture. We will have a Teiid plugin for execution
later, that could use too as slurping in the dependencies.