[teiid-dev] Fwd: [teiid-designer-dev] Connection Factories

John Verhaeg jverhaeg at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 12:25:52 EDT 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Ramesh Reddy wrote:

> The Connector *only* comes in the picture when you are creating a CF.
> period. This information is contained *only* in a CF properties. Then,
> "vdb.xml" has the JNDI name for the CF.
>
> CF --> instance of --> Connector
>
> VDB --> has --> Model (+1)  --> has reference to --> CF (+1)
>

> When user 2 gets the VDB, and not sharing containers
> 1) he has choice to define the CF for the names defined under "vdb.xml"
> in his container.
> 2) If user 1 can also pass in the "-ds.xml" files for the CF, he can
> deploy them along with the vdb

The concern here is definitely when the 2 users are NOT sharing the same container.  How would user 2 know which connector to hook up a new CF to?  IOW, how would he have any clue the source type should be Oracle, for instance?  Do we have to include *-ds.xml files to accomplish this?  Thus far, we haven't been planning on doing this...

Thanks,

JPAV