[teiid-dev] Exposing connector defined metadata to tooling.

John Doyle jdoyle at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 12:22:28 EDT 2010

I see how this makes sense in terms of reusing the current capabilities, but from a user interface design perspective I don't like the idea of fronting different sources with the JDBC importer.  Doing it this way put a bunch of JDBC specific concerns/metadata into the import process that probably don't apply.  I think it's a better UI approach to have a simpler generic importer that doesn't expose the JDBC metadata to the user, but exposes more simple relational concepts.

~jd