[teiid-dev] alternative to the text connector / translator

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Mon May 24 10:58:47 EDT 2010

+1 for #2

Option #2 makes more sense with the current road map for Teiid and also
gives clean way to define the tables for the Dynamic VDB scenario.

Only observation is that, the users who used Designer to manually build
the Text based "physical" models before, can not do that any more. The
new recommended way would be, build a virtual model and use the "table"
command in the "transformation" of your "virtual table" to define the
table. So, there is no need for the "physical" model.

So, what I am confused about is, how the "connection factory" is
assigned to this model, as currently the primary way Teiid binds this
information through "physical" models?

we certainly do not want to hard code the "absolute" file paths in the
transformation.

Thanks

Ramesh..