[undertow-dev] Reducing Use of Undertow IdentityManager

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Mon Jun 3 04:31:07 EDT 2013

On 02/06/13 23:58, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> I have been thinking about this all weekend, and I am still not really
> sure what the best way to handle this is. For now I think I will merge
> Darran's PR with the cut down IDM and see how that works out. I think
> that once we have a few custom authentication mechanisms it will be a
> lot clearer if a more full featured IDM interface would help, and if so
> what form it should take.

Once I finish off some of these Undertow tasks I am also going to be
moving onto JBoss SASL which has some changes needed for WildFly and as
I mentioned in my last e-mail is another area with a need for some form
of IdentityManager API/SPI without a specific dependence on an
implementation.

Maybe even PicketLink can provide this bare API/SPI as a separate module
with no implementation.  This should also benefit the PicketLink project
if there is a PicketLink 3 an isolated API should make it possible to
upgrade in WildFly without every component needing to be made compatible
with the next PicketLink version.

FYI for those that haven't seen what was PicketLink 3 has now become
PicketLink 2.5.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.