[undertow-dev] HTTP upgrade for Remoting

Stuart Douglas stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 20:53:50 EDT 2013

So I was just thinking about HTTP upgrade and the best way to implement
it in the AS.

As I see it the main questions that need answering are:

- Should it live in XNIO or Remoting?

- What should we use for the HTTP client?

- What should the API look like?

I am not really sure about what the API should look like, I think David
will have a better idea about the best way to go about this.

For the HTTP client I think we should just write our own very simple one
to handle this case. Basically all the client would know how to handle
are upgrade requests and redirects, it would not be a general purpose
http client.

We are at the point now where we could use this for AS8 management
requests, so I think it would be good to make a start on this.