[undertow-dev] resteasy oauth undertow security requirements

Harald Pehl hpehl at redhat.com
Mon May 6 06:53:49 EDT 2013

We're currently evaluating different options for opening the HTTP based management layer of WildFly for different clients. At the moment the bundled admin console is the only client using the HTTP based management layer. We have prototyped two libraries, clients can use to access the management layer. One for Node.js: https://github.com/hal/dmr.js and another for Dart: https://github.com/hal/dmr.dart. Another idea is to have a standalone console (on OpenShift) which can connect to arbitrary management endpoints.

All these clients need a secure way to access the management endpoint on behalf of the user (resource owner). IMO the best way to handle this is OAuth. So I'm very interested in OAuth support in undertow. Is there already something in place which I can use? What would be the next steps?

---
Harald Pehl
JBoss by Red Hat
http://hpehl.info