[undertow-dev] "unauthenticatedIndentity" in Undertow

Wolfgang Knauf wolfgang.knauf at gmx.de
Fri Aug 8 16:05:24 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

I try to sort out the "unauthenticatedIdentity" feature for JAS login
modules in WildFly 8.
To my understanding, when logging in without username/password, the
login module should fallback to this "unauthenticatedIndentity", which
can only access public content (e.g. unsecured or @PermitAll ejb methods).

But without a login, my public ejb method shows that
"this.sessionContext.getCallerPrincipal().getName()" returns
"anonymous", which is NOT the "unauthenticatedIdentity" value.
And "httpRequest.login(null, null)" will fail because of the Undertow
implementation.

How can a switch to the user name declared in the "unauthenticatedIdentity"?

Same question e.g. here: https://community.jboss.org/thread/237899

Seems I have a basic misunderstanding about this ;-), but I don't find a
clear explanation in the web...

Best regards

Wolfgang Knauf