[undertow-dev] javadoc style

Bernd Eckenfels ecki at zusammenkunft.net
Sat Jun 7 18:10:03 EDT 2014

Hallo,

for the following minor JavaDoc pull request I wonder about the
paragraph style:

https://github.com/ecki/undertow/commit/9fae96a2d43dcd6de0be0755babd9c4620f8410b

It seems that most, but not all other Javadocs use a "self closing"
XHTML "<p/>", whereas Oracle seems to go the HTML route and javadoclint
regards them as error.

I have also seen some javadoc comments with empty lines and no <p> at
all. And finally there are some <p>line</p>, even for the first line.
What is the prefered style? I personally like the html style:

* First sentence.
* <p>
* More text on its own paragraph.
* Can have line breaks which are ignored by Javadoc.
* <p>
* Just like this.
* <p>
* Linebreaks like these<br>
* should be avoided.

In case my <p> style is the problem which blocks the PR from beeing
merged, let me known.

Gruss
Bernd