[undertow-dev] Async sending of NIO objects thru a ServletOutputStream?

Jim Crossley jim at crossleys.org
Tue Sep 16 12:20:34 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

I'm looking to promote Undertow as a preferred alternative to Jetty for the
Pedestal [1] framework.

One Jetty feature it relies on is the async sending of ByteBuffers and
ReadableByteChannels in Jetty's impl of ServletOutputStream [2]. Two
methods, in particular: sendContent(ByteBuffer, Callback) and
sendContent(ReadableByteChannel, Callback).

I was hoping someone might point me in the right direction of replicating
this behavior with Undertow's ServletOutputStreamImpl. It does have a
write(ByteBuffer) method, but it appears to be blocking. And I was hoping
there might be some XNIO abstraction for dealing with the
ReadableByteChannel, perhaps some example code somewhere?

Any and all help/advice is appreciated!
Jim

[1]: https://github.com/pedestal/pedestal
[2]: