[undertow-dev] invalidate session

Kovacs Lajos y_lalo at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 11:11:55 EST 2015

Hidevelopers!

   I recently changed to WildFly so to undertowtoo. Unfortunately I got an issue and I hopethis dev list is the right place to questions regarding undertow.   The issue occurs when there are two sessionsand I want to invalidate from one session A the anotherone B. The session B is  invalidated but unfortunately a new request fromsession A will create a new session C and Session A will remain in the memory.Digging alittle bit in the source code, I found that when the session B is invalidated, HttpSessionImpl.invalidate()function is called, where the 'exchange' object is got and passed to thesession.invalidate:

ServletRequestContextcurrent = SecurityActions.currentServletRequestContext();

  if (current == null) {
      session.invalidate(null);

  } else {

      session.invalidate(current.getOriginalRequest().getExchange());

  }

Then the session B instance InMemorySessionManager.invalidate ()  line 415 the following is called:

  if(exchange != null) {
      sessionCookieConfig.clearSession(exchange, this.getId());

  }

where theold session's (Session B) id  what was removed, destroyed is placed as cookie with expired date onto the exchange(the response)  Cookie cookie = new CookieImpl(cookieName, sessionId)

  ...  exchange.setResponseCookie(cookie);

So the nextrequest will not contain the right cookie so the session will not be found anda new session will be created (ServletContextImpl.getSession()). That's the main cause what I see.

I checkedissue UNDERTOW-261 what is sounds very similar, but this is not the casebecause the session remains active in the memory but a new one still created.

Usedundertow 1.1.x branch for sources, as WildFly 8.2.0 with undertow 1.1.0.Final.

 I’m doingsomething wrong or it is a bug? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,lalo