[undertow-dev] SSE close task

Nel Taurisson nel.taurisson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 01:00:10 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm playing with the SSE handler and I can't figure how the close task is
working. I thought the close task would be invoked when the client closes
the connection but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I slightly modified the example code to register a close task when a
connection is initiated, here's the code :

        ServerSentEventConnectionCallback callback = new
ServerSentEventConnectionCallback() {
            @Override
            public void connected(ServerSentEventConnection connection,
String lastEventId) {
                System.out.println("adding close task on connection...");
                connection.addCloseTask(channel ->
System.out.println("goodbye cruel world..."));
            }
        };
        final ServerSentEventHandler sseHandler =
Handlers.serverSentEvents(callback);

It appears to me that the close task is only invoked when the server stops,
but now when the client closes. Is it the expected behavior ? If so, is
there any other way to be notified of a client disconnection ?

Thanks a lot.

Nel