[undertow-dev] Improving Undertow performance

Stuart Douglas sdouglas at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 17:11:22 EDT 2016

There is not really any low hanging fruit that I am aware of to make
that particular benchmark run faster.

One of the easiest ways to get it to run faster would be to strip out
all the Undertow code that is not relevant to the benchmark, however
that would not be particularly useful in the real world :-)

I do have a few ideas about what may help (the biggest one being lazy
allocation of headers to reduce allocations even further), however
this may not be possible without some API modifications, is a fair bit
of work, and may not actually help.

Feel free to profile it and if you can make some improvements that is
great, but I don't think there are any easy improvements any more.

Stuart