[undertow-dev] Multiple logins under same user id in Wildfly 9.0.2 uses same subject

arjan tijms arjan.tijms at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 10:38:23 EST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Sony Abraham <sony.abraham at ibsplc.com>
wrote:

> Hi Arjan,
>

> Thanks again for your support and guidance.
>

> I have put my SAM module (jar) inside ear/lib.

If the SAM resides within the application then modifying standalone.xml is
not needed. A reference to a SAM in standalone.xml is only really needed if
the SAM is separate from the application, e.g. resides in a jar that you
put somewhere in the /modules folder of WildFly.

In this case you can just as well use the programmatic registration via a
listener as demonstrated by the samples.

>  Also I am facing the below issues, when I try to access a protected
> resource, I want redirect to my login page. For this I have mentioned the
> login.jsp in the web.xml as below
>
> <login-config>
>

> <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
>

>                                 <form-login-config>
>

> <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
>

> <form-error-page>/login.jsp</form-error-page>
>
>                                 </form-login-config>
>
>                 </login-config>
>
> But this is not happening automatically, I had to explicitly do
> response.sendRedirect to get my login page (otherwise “Unauthorized” error
> was coming). Is this the right thing to do ?

This is unfortunately not correct. A SAM is an authenticated mechanism, not
an identity store. So it replaces FORM. In other words the
entire login-config element can be removed here as its overridden when
using a SAM.

> After I provide my username / password and do j_security_check I am
> getting below error. Can you please let me know what I would had done wrong

j_security_check is the name in the URL that the build-in FORM
authentication mechanism happens to be listening to. j_security_check is
not some general mechanism by which security in Java EE is activated.

There is clearly a mismatch in Java EE security. There are build-in
authentication mechanisms and a standard API for custom authentication
mechanisms, but no standard API for the identity store (the artifact that
only focuses on {credentials in, caller data out}).

What's typical though here is building a SAM that only redirects to a login
page when a protected resource is requested and the user is not
authenticated, and otherwise relies on Servlet's programmatic authenticate
feature. So on /login.jsp you don't postback to a special URL, but post
back to /login.jsp. Then backing code of /login.jsp sets the credentials as
a request attribute and then calls HttpServletRequest.authenticate(). The
SAM can then do the authentication as shown in the samples.

Another option would be to re-use an existing authentication module that
implements FORM and then modify the part where it calls to the server
specific identity store. See e.g.
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/master/jetty-jaspi/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/security/jaspi/modules/FormAuthModule.java
of
http://grepcode.com/file/repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org.jboss.as/jboss-as-web/7.2.0.Final/org/jboss/as/web/security/jaspi/modules/HTTPFormServerAuthModule.java

(do take the license into account of these and take note that you may have
to do your own scrutiny of how secure those are)

If you absolutely want or need to use the existing build-in FORM, then
unfortunately JASPIC would not be the best option here. Unfortunately
setting up (custom) security in Java EE is currently not entirely trivial.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms