[undertow-dev] Loss of perfomance between 1.3.0.Beta9 and 1.3.18.Final

Toby Crawley toby at tcrawley.org
Fri Mar 4 15:29:00 EST 2016

Is there a known decrease in throughput (measured with req/s)
between 1.3.0.Beta9 and 1.3.18.Final? We currently ship the former
with Immutant, and were looking at upgrading to the latter in the next
release, but noticed a decrease in throughput with a simple Clojure
benchmark app.

I have replicated the basics of our benchmark app in Java[1], and saw a
decrease in req/s between the two versions of ~7% when testing with ab
and averaging the output of several runs.

Is there something that changed between those versions that is known
to have reduced performance?

- Toby

[1]: https://github.com/tobias/undertow-speed